TOP 10 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH
1. Consume more vegetables, fruits and nuts. They have a high fibre content as well as confirmed antioxidant and anticancer properties.
2. Reduce the intake of processed food as much as possible; Eat food in its most natural form to get the best nutritive value. Our bodies have suffered from the numerous chemicals in processed foods, so much that the incidence of cancers is on the increase, and chronic illnesses are becoming rampant, even in the young.
3. Adequate water intake, at least 4 Litres a day. Water is the best detoxifier, as it helps to dilute toxic wastes which are afterwards passed out in urine.
4. Eat healthy fat; Groundnut oil, Olive oil, Avocado oil, Fish oil, Melon seed oil, Walnut oil.
5. Consume whole grain, nuts, protein and high fibre diet.
6. Good sleep hygiene. You should sleep for 6-8 hours daily.
7. Avoid alcohol or reduce intake to not more than 14 units weekly.
8. Exercise frequently; Have a dedicated schedule for working out. There are a variety of options to choose from, ranging from taking a stroll/brisk walk, to more exhausting and physically demanding sports. Discuss with your doctor so as to decide what is best for you.
9. Fast intermittently; Long continuous fasts might predispose you to developing gastric/stomach ulcers, hence should be intermittent.
10. Avoid red meat; Intake should not exceed 42g/day, especially from the age of 40 years. Chicken is a very healthy meat to take, as long as it is not deep-fried, and the skin has been removed.
If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.